M’hamid Desert 5 Days Trek
Type: camel trek
Length : 5 days/4 nights
Start and end at : Marrakech
Lodging : Bivouac in the desert
Transport : Taxi or minibus
M’hamid Desert 5 Days Trek Program
Day 1: MARRAKECH – OULED DRISS (M’HAMID)
Transfer from Marrakech to M’Hamid, and after a roadside lunch you will be driven to Ouled Driss to sleep (a few kilometers away from M’Hamid).
Day 2: OUED BEN HAKKI – LAHNANICHE
In the morning, you will cross a magnificent desert plateau. After lunch, trekking will continue. In the evening you will admire a beautiful sunset on the dunes of Lahnaniche.
Day 3: LAHNANICHE – OUM MAZMOU
The caravan will continue its road at the speed of the camel’s gait through rocky plains filled with tamaris trees before coming to Ouad Naam, among dunes. In the early afternoon, walking will recommence, until the dunes of Oum Mazmou in time to see the flamboyant sunset and to bivouac there.
Day 4: OUM MAZMOU – OULED DRISS (M’HAMID)
After a calm departure from Oum Mazmou, trekking will continue through the rocky plains of the Draa, a vast area filled with volcanic rock. A late afternoon return to Ouled Driss will be followed with rest and a shower in our bivouac.
Day 5: OULED DRISS (M’HAMID) – MARRAKECH
Transfer back toward Marrakech, with a visit to Tamegroute, a pottery studio and ancient Coranic library. After lunch on the road, arrival in Marrakech in the late afternoon.
– Transfer Marrakech/M’Hamid /Marrakech
– 4 nights in the desert bivouac (tents, mattresses, covers)
– The hike in the desert, 3 days
– The camels of luggage and porterage
– Equipment for the kitchen and the bivouac (tent, mattress and blankets are provided)
– Full board during the trip
– The guide/cook (local guide)
– Drinks (you need to buy mineral water in Zagora)