Trek Djebel Bani Chegaga 8 Days
Type: camel trek
Length: 8 days/7 nights
Start and end at: Marrakech
Lodging: Hotel or riad in Marrakech, and bivouac in the desert
Transport: SUV or minibus
Trek Djebel Bani Chegaga 8 Days Program
Day 1: MARRAKECH
Transfer to the hotel from the airport, dinner and night at the hotel.
Day 2: MARRAKECH – OUM LAACHAR (ZAGORA)
At 8 in the morning, departure for Zagora and the desert across a mineral landscape where you will discover, arriving at Agdez, the oases of the superb Drâa valley, dotted with earthen villages (ksour). From Zagora, you will travel by path to a rendezvous point with our team of camel handlers. Bivouac in Oum Laachar.
Day 3: OUM LAACHAR – OUED LAMHASER
Departure for trekking, headed south. You will admire desert plateaus and beautiful dunes. Bivouac at Oued Lamhaser.
Day 4: OUED LAMHASER – EL BAYED
You will continue travel and discover oases in the desert, since El Bayed is a drainage zone in the desert covered in verdant wildlife in the rainy season. Bivouac at the foot of the dunes.
Day 5: EL BAYED – ERG CHEGAGA
After breakfast, you will start this leg of your journey across the desert along oases, rocky plains, and dunes. Arrival at the magnificent camp at Erg Chegaga, lunch. In the afternoon, stroll among the dunes and sand bath. Bivouac at Chegaga
Day 6: ERG CHEGAGA – MARRAKECH
After breakfast in the desert, departure in SUV towards M’Hamid via the old Paris-Dakar route. Then, return to Marrakech in minibus, lunch on the road and continuation to Marrakech. Arrival at around 8 PM.
Day 7: MARRAKECH
Free day, dedicated to the visit of the city.
Day 8: MARRAKECH
Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
– Transfer airport/hotel/airport
– Transfer Marrakech/Oum Laachar and M’Hamid /Marrakech
– 4 nights in the desert bivouac (tents, mattresses, covers)
– 3 nights in hotel or riad in Marrakesh in double room
– The hike in the desert, 3 days
– The camels of luggage and porterage
– Sand bath
– Equipment for the kitchen and the bivouac (tent, mattress and blankets are provided)
– Full board during the trip
– The guide/cook (local guide)
– The air transport
– Drinks (you need to buy mineral water in Zagora)